Friday, September 12, 2008

every dew drop has heaven in it

I love beautiful pictures... I feel inspired, I see life in perspective and for a moment I escape the concrete jungle and reality... so I thought I'd share these with you... the pics below are refractive macro-photographs, theme'd around dew drops...

The pics, photograph and photographer info can be found on scienceray, which I read about on astropixie's blogg!


This is my favourite one:



"In Greek mythology, Ersa is the goddess of Dew. She is the daughter of Zeus and Eos, the goddess of the dawn. Eos would rise each morning to greet Helios, the god of the sun. She would open the gates of heaven for him so he could ride across the sky."



"The surface tension of water is such that small creatures, like the Gnat above, can become trapped in a single droplet. They may drown but there is always hope that the plant will transpire more water or further dew will form, making the droplet roll and splash, so releasing its unwilling captive."


5 comments:

Miss Caught Up said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I love the last one..

mylifescape said...

they are stunning... the dragonfly...i agree, beautiful!!

mylifescape said...

ah, the last one with the flowers... sorry.. lol, yes, they're just all so beautiful! its like a dream!

Miss Caught Up said...

The way the images are captured mystifies me. I want to know how the photographer did it! :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Beautiful pictures...I just love macro photography.