Spring is a great time of year when we can take a lesson from nature and make changes in our lives – we've just gone through our winter and now for the rewards!
Call it self-renewal after pruning – letting go of our ‘leaves’ and old branches, and letting go of baggage and things that we use to hide ourselves from the world with. When you do that, you give the universe a chance to deliver the 'flowers' that is waiting to blosson!
It's good to stand free, open and ‘exposed’ so that WE can take a look at who we have become in the last while, how we have changed and grown in the past season of our lives, and enjoy those changes.
Spring is a time of celebration of life, of new exciting opportunities, changes, friends, and all sorts of things just waiting to happen!
Tips for Life Changes
- Focus on what you want, not on what you don't want.
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
- See the big picture and keep your eyes on it - stop looking for those painful boulders that may get in the way. (Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole.)
- Create a plan for the change and work that plan.
- Watch what you say - words are powerful messengers that will race out and will bring to you exactly what you request.
- Choose what you are focusing on and thinking about. If you don't like the picture that you are seeing, pick up the remote control and change the channel to a more pleasant and satisfying picture.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Will power is not the major ingredient when successfully changing an aspect of your life, but a decision and commitment to yourself are.
- Don't be an excusiologist (someone who has a Ph.D. in excuse making). There may be legitimate reasons, but there are no excuses...
- There is no try – you either do or you don’t – and YOU CAN do anything you want to!
- Don’t define yourself by your work success, your relationship, your friends, your status or your body! You are so much more!
- Don’t focus too much on the HOW! Focus on what you want and the rest will take care of itself.
- We will make a change in our lives for one of two reasons: to avoid pain or to gain pleasure. Which one is it for you? Have you experienced enough pain yet?
- Enjoy life. It doesn’t wait for you to get up and keep going ~ This is life now… don’t waste a moment.
- Love yourself… because if you cannot love who you are, you cannot expect others to love you.
- Take 15 minutes each day to be quiet, to clear your mind and meditate.