Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Get Involved and BE the difference



I have committed to getting 1000 friends to sign up! My friend Shan sent this to me... so I'm sending it on!
On the 28th of March at 8:30pm, I encourage you to participate in the 3rd annual Earth Hour by switching off all your lights for one hour. This year, South Africa is aiming to get 3 million people to join Archibishop Desmond Tutu and fellow citizens worldwide in this effort to help save energy and raise awareness of climate change.

The first Earth Hour in 2007 saw 2.2 million people and over 2100 business participate - which resulted in the equivalent of taking 48,000 cars off the road for one year!

Sign up here and make a difference - the earth is in YOUR hands.


GET INVOLVED AND BE THE DIFFERENCE!

what do you already do to help the planet?



8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to be cynical, but then Eskom is going to cry that it can't reach it's target turnover, and they'll want to push up the price of our electricty! Like they've already said. Stupid asses. But I support the cause, and think it's great.

boldly benny said...

I wrote about this for my magazine! I'm definitely going to support the cause!

mylifescape said...

thanks KC - yes, Eskom will always be the thorn in our sides ;)

oh did you BB - awesome! its phenomenal to see how everyone has pulled together and so many people are talking about it. it's wonderful to be part of something so great - i've circulated an email around my office to get everyone involved.

hope you both having a super day x

Sass said...

I do this every day. I get the weirdest feeling of...satisfaction, for lack of a better word. ;)

I walk around and shut off all the lights and just sit in peace.

Great idea.

SAM said...

I am in

AngelConradie said...

I am ashamed to say I don't do nearly enough!

mylifescape said...

Glad to hear you do that Sass - think i might do that more often too! thanks for sharing!

yay Ash - glad you in

Angel - just try to do a bit more every week :)

thanks for the comments x

Tamara said...

Yay for Earth Hour!

Had to laugh at my husband though... When I told him I'd signed up, the first thing he said was, "When's the rugby on 28 March?!"