Monday, November 11, 2013

Are you making excuses?

I have my frustrating and bad days too... trust me, sometimes the pressure is on, and because I put extra pressure on myself (sometimes admittedly unnecesarily) ... all I want to do when I get home is have a bubble bath, a cup of tea, and crawl into be with my bad mood and good book...


I know that there is an evolution in life... of taking what life gives you, and making the best of it to reach your destination, with a detour here and a scenic route there... but ultimately we get there... sometimes it's just about focusing on what is important at the time.


It's true that you get what you think about, wether you want it or not.  Are you thinking bad things, and using them as excuses?  What you think about is what you become, so shift out of your excuse pattern into thoughts that move you in the direction you want to go, and the evidence of what you want will start showing up. You can shift your perception of yourself, by changing the way you think.



I've had a very interesting life... sometimes it feels as if I've lived a few lives in this lifetime already... but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? I've learnt that contrast has a purpose and the gift in contrast, is that when you know clearly what I don't want, it becomes evident what I do want.



Life is all about choice, and it's an all day/every day decision for me to look at the experiences I've had in life and not regeret them but learn from them and expand myself because of choosing to have a positive outlook on life, and a shifting my perception on what I can achieve.


Observe your thoughts... and make sure that you're choosing the good ones.  You will get to where you want to be, by being mindful and changing thoughts that no longer serve you.  Think about what you want in life - perfect health, total wellbeing, financial abundance, relationships that are based upon love and kindness... honest friendships.  If you want to overcome anything in your life, start by changing your thoughts.  Are your thoughts in line with your dreams?




No comments: