Monday, March 9, 2009

6 things i learnt this weekend


1. meeting new people in a new city helps that "feel at home" feeling

2. grey is a great colour to mix with any other colour

3. random last minute plans for drinks and pizza is so much fun - especially when the area you are sitting in is taken over by business men and paid for entertainment (in a classy bar in Sandton!)

4. road trips are fun - even if its just an hour to the Vaal Dam - especially chilling on the boat and soaking up the sun

5. love is not always enough - it sometimes takes a bit more to make things work - things like -- compromise, forgiveness, gentleness and a bit of spoiling which always goes a long way

6. good party music is sometimes all it takes to put a smile on my face - no matter how grumpy i can get

16 comments:

AngelConradie said...

those are some groovy lessons!

Ruby said...

I really like the lessons you learnt...all of them are quite valuable....specially the one bout love not being enough:)I wish more people would realise this

Carlinn said...

i love random road trips! makes you forget all your worries!

po said...

Nice post, I like the one about love. So true. relationships are hard work. I was reminded that this weekend. But worth the mammoth effort though.

Laura said...

Those are pretty cool lessons to learn :)

I LOVE road trips!

dracovolans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine / Being Brazen said...

I agree with every one of those

Janine / Being Brazen said...

PS - I was going to to my "10 things I learnt" today ...maybe i still will :)

dracovolans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mylifescape said...

*argh* was signed in under my gf's gmail so my comments back reflected from her - i deleted them - now reposted :)

thanks for all the comments - love is tricky Ruby and Po ... relationships take work sometimes, but we also must not get lost in them.

thanks Angel :) and Laura and Superficialgirl - LOVE LOVE LOVE road trips - even short ones are fun just to get out of the city!

PS: Do them BB they're always fun to share!

boldly benny said...

I have a strange obsession with grey. I always team it with yellow which is one of my favourite colours!

Road trips are just awesome!

You should do pizza and beer at the Jolly in Parkhurst. If you go at around 6pm on a Sunday the view is stunning and they have a half price special!

mylifescape said...

Thanks BBenny! i love pastel green or light blue with grey - i'll try yellow sounds super hot!

i've been the Jolly once - was loads of fun and very random! :) thanks for the suggestion - keep 'em coming!

Wenchy said...

I love roadtrips!!!

Unknown said...

I tend to agree with all those lessons. Sounds fun.

mylifescape said...

Thanks wenchy, MI and KC - yes was a fun weekend! thanks x

SAM said...

I like every leasson you learnt, especially love is always is always not enough,

and i like the random road trip its such a fun