Monday, September 21, 2009

So... I've been thinking about life in the single lane


Then I watched an episode of "How I met your mother"... and learnt this...


The great moments of your life...
won’t necessarily be the things you do,

They’ll also be the things that happen to you
Now I’m not saying that you can’t take action
to affect the outcome of your life,

You have to take action
And you will

But never forget
That on any day
You can step out the front door
And your whole life can change forever

You see, the universe has a plan
And that plan is always in motion

A butterfly flaps its wings
And it starts to rain

It’s a scary thought
But its also kind of wonderful


All these little parts of the machine
Constantly working

Making sure that you end up exactly where you are supposed to be
Exactly when you are supposed to be there
The right place at the right time
And as a result – your life will never be the same


[Ted Mosby - How I met your mother]

4 comments:

Carlinn said...

I loved reading that + how i met your mother is my fave show :) xx

Unknown said...

How I Met Your Mother is an excellent show! It is like Friends, but for the new generation.

I remember listening to those words, but now having read them, I can finally see how beautiful the message truly is.

There is a plan, we just need to be patient.

cindy_ackerman said...

This piece takes me back to a coffee you, a certain blondie and I had at Century City one Saturday morning when we decided 'enough is enough'. It required bravery & courage but we did it.

Unknown said...

It is kinda wonderful