a while back i told you about this fab fun opportunity of being a Gypsy for a party!
i didn't have a chance yet to fill you in on my Gypsy Night! it was a great success. the birthday girl mailed me to tell me that it was her best birthday ever! - she always has fancy dress parties for her bday! i'm so glad that i made her smile. there were so many people that came to see me, who i did 'readings' for, and it was wonderful giving people new hope.
what i learnt that night?
- we all want reassurance that there really is a silver lining
- most people want someone just to tell them 'it's going to be ok'
- some want a simple smile and a reassurance that they're on the right path
- figuring out where we are, often sheds light onto where we're going
- change is hard, even when we know the right thing to do
- feeling like someone understands is empowering -- then you don't feel so alone
- telling people that they are so much more than their jobs, relationships, being a mother, being a son, being a wife, being a pilot, and so much more than who they perceive themselves to be, changes the way they think and see themselves
- we all need someone to talk to and to listen who does not know us, who can be non judgmental, honest and positive
i really didn't tell anyone anything they didnt' already know, but the clarification of where they are in their lives and that the future looks bright and positive gave them a sense of hope. and isn't that what we all want... a sense of hope?