Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Self Love

The month of loves starts off with me considering, how much do I love myself?

I know that I love my life, but it's more than that... I'm pondering how much I love my self ...

Not in an arrogant way...

I'm talking about loving myself enough to realise how much I deserve in life, and what my boundaries are.  What I am willing to put up with and what I am willing to sacrifice so that others can get what they need.  How much do we give everything to someone else, and get nothing in return? How often we put ourselves second so that others can come first.  Why would you accept second best, and settle for what is so much less that what we are worth?



I think before we can love others, we need to love ourselves.  What this means however, I am still figuring out...

What I do know, is that it's so easy to neglect ourselves, and it's easy to take on too much.  Self love is about doing things that bring YOU joy.

Love and accept yourself... whatever that means for you.  Discover what that means for you. Accept yourself as you are... the good, the bad, the scary... you are enough! You don't need to be or do anything different to be enough.


No comments: