Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
where to begin?
have an attitude of gratitude find your power get moving
take a risk
get real with yourself
change your mindset - be optimistic
set realistic goals - set your self up to succeed
forgive quickly - let go of the bitterness and past hurts
finish each day and be done with it
don't live in the past - live in the present - plan for the future
don't fight for things, work on things
listen to how often you complain, compared to how often you praise
choose your reaction
find time for the small things
where do you find YOUR happiness?
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Just curious...when was the last time you looked into a mirror and addressed yourself as "Gorgeous," "Magnificent," "Beautiful," or "Phenomenal"?
Listen to the things that you say to yourself about you... would you say those same things to a friend or someone you care about?
...you skipped gym, you'll be fat forever
...gosh, you're sooo ugly
...i wish you weren't so loud
...you're so stupid
...i can't believe you lost your keys again
...what an idiot
...you look so stupid
...what were you thinking you fool
...you'll never get that right
...yes, you see, you did it again
...what a looser
...you'll never amount to anything
...you're such a failure
Then why do you say these things to yourself??
Watch your thoughts - they become your words. Be gentle with yourself and be careful what you say to yourself.
you are magnificence
you are love
you are precious
you do matter
and you do make a difference
be the best YOU, coz there is no-one else that can be. see yourself the way others see you...
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I read this on my friends Facebook note today and thought I'd share it with you...
- embrace your dreams - and whatever happens hold onto your honour
- grudges are a waste of happiness
- love yourself first
- don't see regrets, see lessons
- people change and things go wrong
- love what you have but keep reaching for the best for you
- measure your best against your own ruler
- take chances and forgive quickly
- we all have our paths to walk - hold the hand of a friend, don't judge so quickly
- surround yourself with friends who build you up
- be kind to others
- make decisions and take responsibility
- be honest with yourself and be honest with others
I have committed to getting 1000 friends to sign up! My friend Shan sent this to me... so I'm sending it on!
On the 28th of March at 8:30pm, I encourage you to participate in the 3rd annual Earth Hour by switching off all your lights for one hour. This year, South Africa is aiming to get 3 million people to join Archibishop Desmond Tutu and fellow citizens worldwide in this effort to help save energy and raise awareness of climate change.
The first Earth Hour in 2007 saw 2.2 million people and over 2100 business participate - which resulted in the equivalent of taking 48,000 cars off the road for one year!
Sign up here and make a difference - the earth is in YOUR hands.
what do you already do to help the planet?
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
be sacred with your words
speak with love even when you are angry
life really is too short to sweat the small stuff
do you want to right? or do you want to be happy?
Monday, March 9, 2009
1. meeting new people in a new city helps that "feel at home" feeling
2. grey is a great colour to mix with any other colour
3. random last minute plans for drinks and pizza is so much fun - especially when the area you are sitting in is taken over by business men and paid for entertainment (in a classy bar in Sandton!)
4. road trips are fun - even if its just an hour to the Vaal Dam - especially chilling on the boat and soaking up the sun
5. love is not always enough - it sometimes takes a bit more to make things work - things like -- compromise, forgiveness, gentleness and a bit of spoiling which always goes a long way
6. good party music is sometimes all it takes to put a smile on my face - no matter how grumpy i can get
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
SS: GHD's for sale - see attachment - I want one!
Lez: Thanks for this - I have one already which goes unused as you can tell! They really are great!
SS: K - girls with GHD’s….tell me - is the the gold one, a good product?
Lez: SS, they are all the same - the only difference is the look - gold opposed to pink? and the accessories do you want hair clips or a comb? Much of a muchness the only difference is size (isn't it always???)
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more.”
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all of their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.
The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out.
When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.
This story gives us thoughts to think about:
1. An encouraging word to someone who is down can encourage them to achieve their goal.
2. A destructive word to someone who is down can have negative effects. Be careful of what you say.
- story from find your genius - author unknown
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
can be… ::from Runner’s World::
Just do it! Nike said it, i'm doing it!
As some of you may know from my previous post, I have taken up the Shape 10km challenge. At this point in time, I can't even THINK that far, never mind actually move at once over that distance! Week one went pretty well with easy walk / run intervals. This week is a bit more tough, coz the running part is more >> obviously! lol.
So I've joined a running club as BoldlyBenny suggested - thanks! :) Starting tonight - once a week, and also mixes up my training a bit. I've also taken MudIsland Mike's suggestion of running outside, and not on the treadmill, and this has worked well - as he said - great scenery and fresh air plus I don't look like I'm trying out an 80's-Michael-Jackson-move - like I feel when I'm on the treadmill at gym! Seriously, the treadmill does scare me when I start moving at more of jog than a walk and the transition... I'm always scared I'm going to do a Michael-Jackson move and moon walk off and land on my chin! Ok, no babies invovled, but you get the picture!
My fitness has increased, I'm down a pants size... and I'm feeling fantastic!
Shape is really awesome - I got my weekly mail on Friday with this weeks training schedule, a training log book and some training tips.
If nemo had legs, he'd be singing, just keep running just keep running >> that's what I have to tell myself when I feel like stopping!
Gotta run (lol... lame) cheers x
Monday, March 2, 2009
I've written about my love for Joburg - the City of Gold - before! And I thought, today i'll post the comment and a bit more which I left to an article by Jeremy Clarkson: I dare you to visit Johannesburg, the city for softies which i found on Nic Haralambous' site SA Rocks.
I moved to Joburg from Cape Town 8 months ago. Everyone in Jozi and Cape Town asked if I was crazy!!!! I always reply… Dude (just for effect), there is more to life than the ocean and the mountain! Now for those of you not familiar with Cape Town, it is a beautiful city indeed - with its mountains, beaches, winefarms, cheese festivals, and music in the park on a sunday afternoon.
I came to Jozi (mosly known for its high crime rate and smog) on holiday - yes, on holiday - to visit my best friends who took the plunge to live in the most dangerous city in the country. I loved it. I fell in love with the vibe, the people, the shopping, the energy, the vibrance and the beauty of this city. Yes, i said it - the beauty. Have you gone for a picnic at Zoo lake? Have you seen the sky line at night? Have you listened to the birds on Katherine street - chirping like they’ve just seen their first sunrise, and the afternoon thunderstorm, and amazing chrimson sunsets?
The cosmopolitain restaurants, the Mandela square side walk cafes filled with eclectic people, the amazing vibe at any cricket and rugby match, and the fashionista's you see in every shopping mall and coffee shop! And of course, the twitter/blogger get together's! What is there NOT to love?
Jozi is phenomenal… i came here mainly for a career move, and settling in has taken some time, but even been broken into, and robbed more than once in this short period of time, i’m not going to let that get me down. It’s all about the attitude and perception. Make the best of wherever you are!
Read about beautiful joburg and 5 things that make me smile! No matter where you find yourself, be positive and don't feed the negativity that everyone so easily buys into. When there is so much to be grateful and thankful for and happy about, focus on that!
I heart Jozi!
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA
- There are only 12 countries in the world that supply tap water that is fit to drink, and South Africa is one of them. Our tap water quality is third best overall in the world.
- South Africa is the sole producer of the Mercedes Benz, C Class, right hand drive vehicles
- South Africa has the third highest level of biodiversity in the world
- Walt Disney serves South African wine exclusively at its 73-acre Animal Kingdom Lodge in the United States.
- South Africa is the only country in the world where you can order something called monkey gland steak at a restaurant without the risk of a real internal organ being placed before you.
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world, the R62 wine route
- South Africa is the world's largest producer of macadamia nuts and the nuts and oils are exported to countries across the world ***
- The only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace prize winners is in Soweto. Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu both have houses in Vilakazi Street in Soweto.
- South Africa has the oldest meteor scar in the world, just across the Vaal River near Parys, called the Vredefort Dome. The meteor plummeted to Earth nearly two billion years ago (Earth is said to be 4,5 billion years old), predating the heady days of oxygen and multi-celled life.
*** from @nickjackson (on twitter)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Zahiras space tagged me to do this cool album cover - I see The Jackson Files also did it and Angel's Mind...
Now you do it!
1 - Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “random”
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - Go to “Random quotations”
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.